Several years ago, I discovered a passion for helping small businesses navigate the uncertain and often intimidating world of digital marketing. A strong digital footprint is critical to a company’s growth in the technological age we’re currently living in and it’s always changing. I quickly discovered that many business owners simply didn’t have the time to learn the best practices of search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, lead generation, etc. It certainly wasn’t that they weren’t capable of learning the ins and outs of how to properly scale their business digitally. Another obstacle that many small businesses owners face starting out is that they simply cannot afford to employ a full-time digital marketer on staff. That’s where I come in and I will have many goals in helping your business. My primary goal, however, is to help small business owners get over that difficult first hump and onto the fast-track of generating more business. I’m not interested in price-gauging and I’m not interested in accepting clients that I feel I would not legitimately be able to help. I’m also prepared to teach my clients how they can continue to build their digital presence after our time together concludes.
Our normal sequence of business with my clients will typically follow this order.
1. Inquiry stage; initial contact is made with clients via a phone call or email. We will provide all clients with a brief questionnaire to learn more about your business model and what goals you're hoping to accomplish online. We will also ask for access to your company's content management system (Wordpress, Joomla or Squarespace login), Google Analytics and Google Search Console so that we can complete a thorough audit of your SEO activity.
2. SEO audit stage. This is where we "look under the hood" of a website to determine what improvements could be made. We will be looking at the technical aspects within your company's website including
- Are your website's images, article titles and meta descriptions properly optimized?
- If your customers are local, is your website implementing a local SEO strategy?
- Are there broken links and pages that need to be redirected?
- Are your internal pages properly interlinked to create an optimal navigation experience for your customers?
- Are your website's pages loading at an ideal speed?
- Is your website mobile-friendly? Is your phone number clickable on mobile-devices?
- Does your website have a sitemap installed?
3. Results of the SEO audit are presented to clients. We will then provide an estimate of the amount of time make these improvements along with other recommended steps needed for digital success including link building campaigns, social media marketing, content marketing, etc.
4. Client agrees to a contract that will include what duties will be performed as well as the time frame and fixed price needed to complete these tasks.
5. Our partnership begins and we provide clients with weekly updates on the status of the project.
6. Partnership concludes with final consultation and recommended steps for your company's digital marketing efforts moving forward.