The SEO audit is the first step towards "looking under the hood" and determining what could be keeping your customers from finding your website in the online search results. One of the first things we’ll ask for is to take a behind the scenes look at your Google Analytics and Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools) accounts as well as your content management system (Wordpress, Joomla, SquareSpace, etc.). If Google Analytics and Google Search Console are not integrated with your website, we’ll gladly set those programs up for you.
A few of the core items on our SEO audit checklist include
- Are your website's images, article titles and meta descriptions properly optimized?
- If your customers are local, is your website implementing a local SEO strategy?
- Does your website contain any duplicate content (the exact same content on two separate pages).
- Are your website's H1 tags missing?
- Are there broken links and pages that need to be redirected?
- Are your internal pages properly interlinked to create a quality navigation experience for your customers?
- Are your website's pages loading at the ideal speed?
- Is your website mobile-friendly?
- Are your company's phone number and contact email address clickable on mobile devices?
- Are your URLS using an ideal URL structure?
- Are your internal pages thin in content and important information?
- Is your website experiencing any frequent downtime or server issues?
- Does your website have various sitemaps installed?
Our staff will be able to pick out the largest holes within a website's SEO campaign very quickly and this is why we don't charge our clients for SEO audits. Would you pay a mechanic a fee just to look at your vehicle? The more content a website has, the more time will be needed to fix potential errors and make sure the entire website is properly optimized for search engines. Over the last few years, SEO has shifted heavily towards the importance of providing a high quality experience for your website's visitors which can directly impact your company's visibility in the search results.